Thursday, November 11, 2010

GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND IN IDHAO FALLS

John and I were able to spend General Conference weekend with Em's family and some of it with Jocelyn. When we arrived Friday night, Emily had delicious Caribbean Jerk pork sandwiches and we suffered through the BYU football game where they were decimated by Utah State. At least the USU win made Greg happy.

We were up and at it early Saturday morning to go to two flag football games. Cannon and Colton are both playing and they love it. I was so glad that Grandpa John was able to watch them play. They impressed him with their abilities.

Cannon's game was first. He played receiver, quarterback and also on the defensive side. Cannon is FAST! He is able to run the ball and not have anyone catch him. He also has a solid spiral and aim with his passes.

Cannon at quarterback
Coach Greg and his assistant Ryan Cragun calling plays and giving a little tough love

Cannon is getting ready to make a great catch---Cannon's team won

Colton cheered on the sidelines with Emily during Cannon's game

Colton played the second game. He also plays quarterback, receiver and defense

Colton getting ready to pass

Pass complete---Touchdown!

Colton is focused

Cannon cheered for his brother too!

Grandpa entertained Creed during the game with "Pony Ride"

Creed entertained himself too---look at that cute face!

Future football player like his big brothers

Crew entertained himself with his silly bands

and sitting on grandpa's lap and sharing Cheetos

Crew caught up with one of his friends.....is this not the cutest picture of them walking?

Cannon and his best friend, Peyton Cragun. It is interesting that
Greg and Peyton's dad, Ryan, were best friends in high school.

Beautiful mommy, Emily, watching her boys play

Grandma is smiling because I loved being with all the DeVries grandsons

We went to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate the football wins and watched some more football on TV. We were glad that Jocelyn drove to Idaho Falls to share time with us while the men went to priesthood. We ended the day with Coldstone ice cream! Yummy!

Sunday morning we all gathered downstairs to watch General Conference after a delicious breakfast cooked by Greg. Paul and Jocelyn joined us and they took copious notes reminding me that I need to increase my spirituality greatly.


John and Paul are paying attention to the speakers---
Jocelyn is reminding me that I am bugging her by taking pictures

Emily was a doll and helped me to import my old blog and create my new blog

Cannon loves his Pluto hat that he bought at Disneyland in September


Love these special guys


After the morning session, we put dinner together. Greg grilled delicious chicken and London Broil while the kids played football in the backyard with Paul and Jocelyn.




Creed is the best eater out of the 4 boys. He loves almost anything, including these fresh tomatoes from Emily's garden. I love to watch this little boy enjoy his food.

After dinner, we were all rude and ate and ran. Paul and Jocelyn went back to watch the second session of conference with his family and John and I listened to conference in the car as we drove back to Utah. We had a perfectly WONDERFUL weekend!


4 comments:

  1. So glad you came...we love every second we get to spend with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little boys so much...I can't wait to spend time with all of you over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! Those boys are so great at sports. I am glad you and dad could spend a few days away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT SOME FOOTBALL


    FROM COLTON GREG DEVRIES

    ReplyDelete