Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WELCOME TO THE WORLD---LINCOLN JOHN

Lincoln John

Our precious grandson, Lincoln John, was born on October 13, 2010. We were all surprised by his arrival since he was born 3 days before his due date. Sweet Brittney was in hard labor all night, but by morning the doctor decided that Lincoln would have to be delivered by C-section. We were all so happy and relieved to hear the news that he was safely here and that he was healthy and strong. Lincoln John weighed 6 lbs. 2 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. At his two week check-up, Lincoln had gained a full pound and grown 3 inches. He is doing great.

It was very hard to have to wait 12 days to finally meet and cuddle our little grandson. I was so happy to see him and hold him close. In some ways, it is like looking at our own little John when he was a baby if you take away three pounds. I do think that Lincoln looks like his daddy. Lincoln John is very sweet. He is a calm and peaceful little boy. It was easy and delightful to hold him and hold him and hold him.

We met Brittney's mom, Stephanie, and her grandma for lunch at a restaurant down the block from John's work the day I arrived. Little Lincoln certainly has many who love him. We walked a few doors down from the restaurant and visited with Brittney's brother, Justin, at his work. We worked our way down three more doors to Johnny's office and I was able to reunite with my dear friends, Trisha, Michelle, and Kathie, the wonderful surrogate mother's to John and now surrogate grandmothers to Lincoln.




















My first picture with Lincoln.
















Brittney is such a beautiful mother.
















The wonderful and happy new parents.
















































































































A few pictures of sweet Lincoln.

Grandpa John arrived on Wednesday morning. We were all happy that he could come to be with his newest grandson. We really had a pretty quiet time for a couple of days and that is just what we wanted. One day, John and I watched Bourne 2 and 3 since we hadn't seen them before and enjoyed holding little Lincoln while we watched the movies.
































Friday evening we ventured to the pumpkin patch in Wilsonville. Johnny, Brittney and John picked out pumpkins. Instead of a pumpkin, I purchased 2 dozen homemade donuts, 4 caramel apples (they made them in front of me) and 1/2 pound homemade fudge. Can you see where my priorities are? The pumpkin patch was amazing. They had so many activities for visitors, including a tractor hayride, a huge slide, pony rides, a petting zoo, and an inflated castle that the kids could jump inside of.

















This picture was taken in front of the general store
where I bought all the goodies. I don't think Lincoln
will remember this outing so it is good we took some
pictures.




















Look at the size of this wheelbarrow for
collecting pumpkins. WOW! Little Lincoln
looks like a baby doll in comparison.




























































This Bull Mastiff dog just sat among the pumpkins
observing the people. He didn't move. I wanted a
picture of the baby and John with this huge dog.
















The three carvers were artists with their pumpkins.




















Notice the vertical BYU between the eyes?




















Britt loves her ducks!




















Johnny chose the Oregon O with wings.































Lit and unlit!

Of course on Saturday, we watched football. Oregon was playing and BYU had a bye. We ordered pizza and just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. It was a very nice day.

We woke up early Sunday morning to go to Sacrament meeting. Everyone was thrilled to see Britt, John and little Lincoln. The women crowded around Britt to see the baby and the men slapped Johnny on the back with congratulations. They have a wonderful ward with great and supportive friends.

I insisted that we have a few pictures after church. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a group picture. Some of the pictures were taken out front of their condo and the fall scenery is amazing.

















































Britt looks amazing for just having a 2 week old son.
















The three Johns! How I love these guys!

We flew back to Utah Sunday evening. We had a great stay and loved getting to know our newest grandson, Lincoln John.

3 comments:

  1. love him and I am counting down the weeks until I get to hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Lincoln is darling...I love him already!!! I can't wait to hold and snuggle him!!! Brittney, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lincoln is absolutely precious! I am glad you finally got to go spend time with him and I am glad you are going for the blessing. Love all the pictures and Britt does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete