Wednesday, November 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST MEGAN


Happy Birthday to our dear daughter, Megan! How time has flown since this amazing redhead came into our lives. Megan was always an easy daughter to raise, after she got over her continuous screaming at 9 months old. She has always been a loving daughter and a supportive sibling. Megan's passion for medicine became apparent when she received her first doctor's kit at age 5. It was fueled when she went on rounds with her daddy when he was a resident at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center when she was in kindergarten. Now, she is nearing the end of her own long medical journey of 15 years of schooling and training. We are so happy for her and proud of her dedication to her dream. Megan is a skilled, compassionate, and dedicated surgeon. Even though she goes days without sleep and has little time at home, she takes opportunities to serve whenever possible. She is a great example of goodness personified in everything she does. Megan, you are an incredible person!

We wish you a day that celebrates the extraordinary woman you are! We love you dear Megan and any time we spend with you is happy time. Have a Happy, Happy Birthday!

Megan was about 6 weeks old when Grandma Ellen gave her this adorable stuffed musical bunny for Christmas. She would not sleep without it, EVER! The worst thing happened when she got her finger caught in the circular metal clasp that wound up the music box. Oh how she cried and I cried to that it had hurt her. But she still wanted that bunny to ride in the car with her and sleep in her crib with her. Look at that cute flower binky. Both Megan and Emily had this kind of pacifier and they loved it.

This is one of my very favorite pictures of Megan when she was 2 years old. I bought this dress for $28.00 in November 1979. Wow! That was such a great expense for us, but I knew that Emily could wear it later, and she did along with Laurel and Jocelyn. Megan's hair reminds me of Paisley's but I had to put curlers in Meg's while Paisley has natural curly hair. That little face and smile are perfection!

This is our little princess in her dance recital costume. Megan and Emily both took tap and ballet from Ernie Miller's School of Dance.....what fun and happy memories.


There is always going to be a special bond between these two doctors.
We hope they have the chance to do surgery together someday.


Happy Birthday Megan!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Megan...I think she actually looks like Paisley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her and loved all the things you wrote about her. Happy Birthday Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you are so sweet...thank you for all of your kind words, just wish that I deserved them. I am blessed with the best parents and siblings and am so thankful for the family that I have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan is the best sister! She is a great example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete